Researchers from the Institute of Economics and Rural Development of the Lithuanian Center for Social Sciences participated in the hackathon of BASCIL project in Kaunas
On 29 November 2023, researchers from the Institute of Economics and Rural Development of the Lithuanian Center for Social Sciences participated in the hackathon of BASCIL project “Innovative Solutions for the Rural Food Production Sector to Diversify into Sustainable Culinary Tourism Services” held in Kaunas. The goal of the hackathon was for every participant of the pilot region of the BASCIL project - farmer or entrepreneur - to have a new or updated concept of a culinary tourism product and/or service offer: what is the service, what customers is it for and how can these customers be reached.
4 participants: “50 acres. Work and joy”, “Pociūnėliai community”, “Skėmiai traktierius” and “Šušvės midus” of the pilot region took part in the hackathon held at Kauno kolegija Higher Education Institution where ideas were generated by Kaunas kolegija students, and the event was organized by BASCIL project partner Lithuanian Rural Tourism Association. Hackathon participants discussed and generated ideas on five questions:
1. What is the accumulated experience in providing culinary tourism services?
2. What new or updated tourism services is you planned to offer to customers?
3. What are the main target groups of these new/updated services?
4. What steps need to be taken to start providing new/updated culinary tourism services? What could be the pricing model for these services?
5. What will be done differently, uniquely? What will be the innovation component in new/updated services, marketing solution, work processes, etc.?
After the rotation of all groups, the moderators and participants of the event shared their insights, generated ideas and new proposals for the development and implementation of culinary tourism services. Next, the participants of the pilot region will discuss these suggestions with the consultant and will decide together which of these ideas they intend to implement.
More information about the project:
The project is implemented by:
Dr. Živilė Gedminaitė-Raudonė (project manager in Lithuania), tel. (+370 5) 2617 978, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org;
Dr. Rita Lankauskienė, e-mail email@example.com;
Dr. Vitalija Simonaitytė, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
© The source must be indicated when citing.